At St Matthew’s Primary School we believe that all children should wear a full school uniform. This enables the school to create a sense of identity and helps all the children to feel part of something special. We expect all children to wear the correct uniform everyday. All uniform can be purchased from the school reception.
- Plain white polo shirt or blouse (no designer logos or names)
- Maroon jumper or cardigan
- Grey trousers, skirts, pinafore dresses or shorts
- Black, grey or white socks/tights
- Sensible black footwear – laces must be black
School jumper £9.00
School cardigan £10.00
- Maroon book bag
- School zip up fleece – £12.00
- Showerproof jacket – £13.00
- Waterproof jacket – £18.00
- Winter woolly hat or summer cap/sunhat (Weather dependent)
- Yellow gingham/grey shalwar kameez
- Grey/black/maroon hijab
Alternative summer uniform
- Yellow gingham summer dress
- Yellow gingham skirt and blouse
- Grey shorts for boys and girls
PE bag £4.20
Book bag £4.80
Water bottle £3.00
Woolly hat £4.20
- Black shorts/leggings
- Plain white t-shirt (no designer logos or names)
- Plimsolls for Years 1 & 2
- Trainers for Years 3, 4, 5 & 6 (any colour)
- Children in FS Reception classes usually do PE in bare feet
- Black/grey tracksuit or jogging bottoms and sweatshirt (no designer logos or names)
- Drawstring PE bag
PE kit is not available to buy from the school
For your information:
- children are not allowed to wear any form of jewellery; this includes stud earrings for both girls and boys
- boys must not have shapes or patterns shaved into their hair
- sunglasses are not allowed to be worn by pupils in school
- nail varnish and make-up are not permitted.
Many retailers including supermarkets such as Asda, Sainsbury’s and Tesco and clothing retailers such as Matalan and Primark stock appropriate unbranded school uniform.
Please ensure that all items of school uniform including PE kits and bags are labelled. Amazon is a good source for reasonably priced name labels – at the time of publication, we found companies offering sets of 50 printed labels for £4.99. If you do not have name labels, simply write your child’s name onto the label inside the item with a permanent pen such as a mini Sharpie. Naming items should mean that your child will not lose things at school.
Thank you in advance for your support.