At St Matthew’s Primary School we believe that all children should wear a full school uniform. This enables the school to create a sense of identity and helps all the children to feel part of something special. We expect all children to wear the correct uniform everyday. All uniform can be purchased from the school reception.
The prices shown below apply from Monday 4th June.
- Plain white polo shirt or blouse (no designer logos or names)
- Maroon jumper or cardigan
- Grey trousers, skirts, pinafore dresses or shorts
- Black, grey or white socks/tights
- Sensible black footwear – laces must be black
School jumper £8.50 • School cardigan £10.00
- Maroon book bag
- School zip up fleece – £12.00
- Showerproof jacket – £13.00
- Waterproof jacket – £18.00
- Winter woolly hat or summer cap/sunhat (Weather dependent)
- Yellow gingham/grey shalwar kameez
- Grey/black/maroon hijab
Alternative summer uniform
- Yellow gingham summer dress
- Yellow gingham skirt and blouse
- Grey shorts for boys and girls
PE bag £2.50 • Book bag £3.50
Summer cap £4.00 • Winter hat £4.00 • Water bottle £1.60
- school baseball caps – available from the school office £3.00
- Black shorts/leggings
- Plain white t-shirt (no designer logos or names)
- Plimsolls for Foundation stage, Years 1 & 2
- Trainers for Years 4, 5 & 6
- Black/grey tracksuit or jogging bottoms and sweatshirt (no designer logos or names)
- Drawstring PE bag
PE kit is not available to buy from the school
For your information:
- children are not allowed to wear any form of jewellery; this includes stud earrings for both girls and boys
- boys must not have shapes or patterns shaved into their hair
- sunglasses are not allowed to be worn by pupils in school
- nail varnish and make-up are not permitted.
Many retailers including Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, M&S and Debenhams stock appropriate school uniform.
The prices shown above apply from Monday 4th June.
Please ensure that all items of school uniform including PE kits and bags are labelled. If you do not have name labels simply write your child’s name onto the label inside the item in a permanent pen. Naming items should mean that your child will not lose things at school.