St Matthew’s is a large, vibrant, multi-cultural primary school in the centre of Luton serving a diverse community.
About the job
Salary: £12,677 - £13,267 a year
Hours per week: 32.5, term time
We have vacancies for a teaching assistant working in either in a KS1 or KS2 class. The successful candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of Letters and Sounds and the primary curriculum
- The ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- An understanding of how to support children’s learning
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.
Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing.