Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service have provided this simple safety guide for anyone celebrating Halloween this week.
- Keep all fancy dress costumes away from naked flames.
- Use LED candles in pumpkins – they don’t blow out and theyare much safer.
- Check the labels on any fancy dress outfits you buy for fireresistance and a registered trademark.
- Remember, cheaper products are more likely to becounterfeit and could burn quickly if they catch fire.
- Burns and scalds last a lifetime. Remember if clothing does catchfire, stop, drop and roll until the fire is out.
- In an emergency cool any burns with large amounts of water andget urgent medical assistance.