Dear Parents and Carers,
Summer Term After School Clubs
Please see below a list of the clubs available to your child next term. You can book your child’s space on a club via the payment section on Parent Mail (all clubs are free so will be priced at £0).
All clubs will run for ten weeks, starting the week commencing 25th April 2022 and ending the week commencing 4th July 2022. Once all our clubs have been filled we will send out a second letter with further details regarding the club your child is taking part in.
Year 3-6 Girls Multi Sports (3:30-4:30pm, collect from St Matthew’s)
- This is a fun and high energy club for girls in years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- The aim of this club is for the girls to take part in lots of different sports in a relaxed atmosphere.
Year 4, 5 & 6 Girls Netball (4:30-5:30pm, collect from St Matthew’s)
- Our evening netball club is a new project led by the PE team, with support from past pupils and local netball players. The aim of our evening netball club is to give girls with a real interest or love of netball the opportunity to play in a more structured setting.
- The club will work towards playing competitive matches against other schools as well as being a hub that children can access even after leaving St Matthew’s. We view this as a long term project bringing netball to the Hightown community.
- Please be aware, if you’re signing your child up for both girls multi sports club and netball club you will not need to collect them between clubs, just pick them up at 5:30pm from school.
Year 1 and 2 Dance and Theatre with NGYT (3:30-4:30pm, collect from school)
- During this club the children will work with the amazing dance teachers from NGYT, throughout the ten weeks they will learn a variety of dances and performances with the aim to show them to families at the end.
Year 3 & 4 Invasion games (3:30-4:30pm, collect from St Matthew’s)
- Invasion games club will give the children the chance to play multiple sports throughout the ten weeks. These will include,:
- Football, and many more
Year 1 & 2 Multi Sports Club (3:30-4:30pm, collect from St Matthew’s)
- This is a fun and high energy club that will allow the children to try out different sports and activities each week.
Year 3 Badminton (3:30-4:30pm, collect from High Town Sports and Arts Centre)
- Our badminton club will focus on different skills each week as the children work towards playing mini games and holding rallies.
Year 4, 5 & 6 Racquet Sports (3:30-4:30pm, collect from High Town Sports and Arts Centre)
- During this club the children will trial multiple sports, including:
- Table tennis
Year 4, 5 &6 Dance – (5:00-6:00pm collect from High Town Sports and Arts Centre)
Our dance clubs with NGYT have been very well attended over the first half of the year and we are now able to move dance to more of a community based club. We have been lucky enough to gain some funding alongside Active Luton to put this Dance and Theatre club on this term with the aim, much like our basketball club, for this to become a club children can attend long after leaving St Matthew’s.
Please be aware, if you’re signing your child up for both racquet sports and dance club you will not need to collect them between clubs, just pick them up at 6pm from Hightown Sports and Arts Centre
Please note that children must be collected from clubs at the correct time and finish location by a responsible person age 16 or over. If your child is in year 5 or 6 and you would like them to walk home alone after club, you will have the opportunity to let us know in the follow up letter.
All children must be collected from our evening clubs on Monday and Thursday, regardless of their year group. We always encourage parents/carers to come and watch the final fifteen minutes of our evening clubs and will be working with Total Wellbeing Luton to create opportunities for the adults whilst they are waiting!
All our clubs are free of charge, however we do have a limited number of spaces per year group, these will be allocated on a first come first served basis and repeated missed clubs will result in your child’s space being given to another.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the school office or speak to Mr Chaplen on the front gate each morning. We look forward to seeing lots of children back at our sports clubs in the Summer term!
Mr D. Chaplen
St Matthew’s Primary School