All children must take part in PE lessons – it is a compulsory subject within the National Curriculum.
Children need to be dressed appropriately for PE lessons. Our school’s uniform policy details the required clothing for lessons.
- Plain black or grey shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- Plain white T-shirt
- Plimsolls for Years 1 and 2
- Trainers for Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 (any colour)
- Children in Reception classes usually do PE in bare feet
- Plain black or grey sweatshirt when the weather turns chilly
If your child wears earrings during the school day, these must be taken out for PE lessons, either by a parent at the start of the day or by the child before the PE lesson starts. Pupils will not be given tape to cover the earrings. Teachers will not take the earrings out for the children.