Our Accelerated Reading programme is well-established in all classes in Years 4, 5 and 6.
At the start of the year, all of the children completed an online reading comprehension test which determined their reading age and the appropriate range of books that their reading choices should come from. All of our reading books have been assessed and each one is placed in a reading range.
Children read books at school and at home and when they come to the end of a book they complete a short reading comprehension quiz using one of our Kindle tablets.
Every time a pupil successfully passes a reading comprehension quiz, the number of words in that book is added to their individual word count total.
We award certificates every time a pupil passes a word count milestone of one million words.
So far this year we have FORTY word millionaires:
- Year 4 Mariyah Kamaly, Faiza Kauser, Zhara Mustfa, Harry Wheatley
- Year 5 T-Shay Ayeni, Khansa Azka-Rania, Inese Bicane, Callum Carr, Arana Ekneligoda, Omrito Hossain, Lyndsey Jones, Sami Kamaly, Haska Khan, Naila Khan, Zifan Liu, Laibah Munir, Daisy Stapleton, Eden Syla, Emily Symondson, Sienna Wood
- Year 6 Samiha Akter, Amelia Brackstone, Hasan Chowdhury, Sandra Dziedzic, Naelle Esshak, Meriem Hammoun, Ella Hargreaves, Hibat Hassan, Emanuel Lungu, Hasan Masood, Alesia Matoshi, Aaliyah Miah, Areeba Munawar, Enoch Oluwasola,Hajrah Poptani, Paimaan Raheel, Saad Rahman, Luiza Stefan, Maeesha Sultana, Wiktoria Woropaj
TWELVE of these are double millionaires:
- Year 5 Omrito Hossain, Lyndsey Jones, Haska Khan, Daisy Stapleton, Eden Syla
- Year 6 Samiha Akter, Hasan Chowdhury, Ella Hargreaves, Hibat Hassan, Hajrah Poptani, Paimaan Raheel, Saad Rahman
And we have ONE triple millionaire:
- Year 6 Ella Hargreaves
The current combined word count total for all twelve Year 4, 5 and 6 classes is 120,282,492 .
They can then log into their Accelerated Reader account by clicking on this link.