Our Accelerated Reading programme is well-established in all classes in Years 4, 5 and 6.
At the start of the year, all of the children completed an online reading comprehension test which determined their reading age and the appropriate range of books that their reading choices should come from. All of our reading books have been assessed and each one is placed in a reading range.
Children read books at school and at home and when they come to the end of a book they complete a short reading comprehension quiz using one of our Kindle tablets.
Every time a pupil successfully passes a reading comprehension quiz, the number of words in that book is added to their individual word count total.
We award certificates every time a pupil passes a word count milestone of one million words.
So far this year we have THIRTY-ONE word millionaires:
- Year 4 Faiza Kauser, Harry Wheatley and Zhara Mustfa
- Year 5 Arana Ekneligoda, Callum Carr, Daisy Stapleton, Eden Syla, Haska Khan, Inese Bicane, Khansa Azka-Rania, Laibah Munir, Lyndsey Jones, Omrito Hossain and Sienna Wood
- Year 6 Aaliyah Miah, Alesia Matoshi, Amelia Brackstone, Areeba Munawar, Ella Hargreaves, Emanuel Lungu, Enoch Oluwasola, Hajrah Poptani, Hasan Chowdhury, Hibat Hassan, Maeesha Sultana, Meriem Hammoun, Naelle Esshak, Paimaan Raheel, Saad Rahman, Samiha Akter and Wiktoria Woropaj
We also have EIGHT double millionaires:
- Year 5 Daisy Stapleton, Eden Syla and Omrito Hossain
- Year 6 Ella Hargreaves, Hajrah Poptani, Paimaan Raheel, Saad Rahman and Samiha Akhter
And we have ONE triple millionaire:
- Year 6 Ella Hargreaves
The current combined word count total for all twelve Year 4, 5 and 6 classes is 115,989,937 .
They can then log into their Accelerated Reader account by clicking on this link.